Power Of Attorney And The IRS

There is an IRS publication which discusses who can represent you before the IRS and what forms or documents – like powers of attorney – are used to authorize a person to do that. Usually, attorneys, certified public accountants (CPAs), enrolled agents, and enrolled actuaries can represent taxpayers before the IRS. Under special circumstances, other individuals, including unenrolled return preparers, can represent you. To learn more, read Publication 947 on the IRS website. To speak with a qualified tax lawyer about this and other tax problems and tax solutions, call Mitchell A. Port at (310) 559-5259.