Reporting Suspected Tax Fraud Activity

How To Report Abusive CPAs, Attorneys Or Enrolled Agents

Report suspicious actions by tax professionals – including California lawyers, CPAs or EAs – to the email address of the IRS Office of Professional Responsibility which is

If you suspect or know of an individual or company that is not complying with the tax laws, you may report this activity on Form 3949-A and mail it to:

Internal Revenue Service
Fresno, CA 93888
If you do not want to use Form 3949-A, you may send a letter to that address. You should include the following information, if available:

Name and address of the person you are reporting
The taxpayer identification number (social security number for an individual or employer identification number for a business)

The estimated dollar amount of any unreported income
The years involved
A brief description of the alleged violation, including how you became aware of or obtained the information
Your name, address and daytime telephone number

Although you are not required to identify yourself, it is helpful to do so. Your identity can be kept confidential. You may also be entitled to a reward.

While a tax attorney may be unnecessary to help in this situation, you may wish to consult with Mitchell A. Port at 310.559.5259 nonetheless.