Need Information From The IRS About Your Tax Return?

For individuals requesting transcripts:

You have two options for getting copies of your federal tax return information–tax return transcripts and tax account transcripts–by phone or by mail.

Request transcripts by calling 1-800-829-1040, or order by mail using IRS Form 4506T (Request for Transcript of Tax Return). There is no charge or fee for transcripts. Allow two weeks for delivery.

A tax return transcript shows most line items from your tax return (Form 1040EZ, 1040A or 1040) as it was originally filed, including any forms and schedules you attached to your return. It does not reflect any changes your representative, the IRS or you made after the return was filed. In many cases, a return transcript will meet the requirements for those applying for student loans and lending institutions offering mortgages.

A tax account transcript shows any later adjustments either the IRS or you made after the tax return was filed. This transcript shows basic data, including type of return filed, adjusted gross income, taxable income and marital status.

Tax problems, tax controversy, tax help, tax consulting? Please call Mitchell A. Port at (310) 559-5259.