The IRS made 10 videos entitled “Your Guide to an IRS Audit” to provide basic information about the small business audit process.
Those tax audit videos cover the following 10 topics:
1. What is an IRS audit?
2. You’ve been contacted – what should you do next?
3. Should you get a representative?
4. How do you prepare your records for the audit?
5. What happens when you have an audit at the IRS office?
6. What happens when the IRS audit occurs at your location?
7. What happens after your first appointment?
8. What happens when you agree with the audit findings?
9. What happens when you disagree with the audit findings?
10. If you owe, what are your payment options?
If you have any questions about your audit, you may wish to consult an income tax professional. Call tax attorney Mitchell A. Port at (310) 559-5259.