Do You Owe More Than $100,000 In Tax?

Often, before your tax problem is assigned to a revenue officer for collection “in the field”, tax collection is handled by a branch of the Internal Revenue Service called “ACS” (Automatic Collection Service). This is where the computer generated notices come from. ACS has developed this check sheet to help expedite the resolution on accounts in the Large Dollar Unit of ACS. The check sheet is for those accounts with a balance due of $100,000 or more.

To expedite the resolution on accounts in the Large Dollar Unit, please have the following information available when contacting ACS.

• Valid Power of Attorney (Form 2848) covering all tax periods • Explain in detail why the taxpayer is not able to full pay or borrow to full pay • Completed Collection Information Statement (Form 433- A, B or F)
• Number of individual’s living in the house hold • Value of 401K/Retirement • Copies of delinquent tax returns and /or ASFR returns • Rental income • Spouse’s income and source with name/address/phone number • Three months of current bank statements (all accounts)
• Investment income • Year make of vehicles, value, equity, balance owed, and monthly payments • Employer’s information including work number • Secured loan(s) – amount of loan and remaining balance(s)
• Life insurance policies, (whole or term), any borrowing ability? And/or value of policy • Profit and Loss statements for self-employed taxpayers • Three months of current pay stubs for both the taxpayer and the taxpayer’s wife • Out-of-pocket medical expenses • Commission statement • Value of all property and/or available equity • Substantiation of Court ordered payments • Substantiation of payments being made • Pension income and/or Social Security income
For additional help, call a tax attorney. Call Mitchell A. Port at (310) 559-5259.