California Employers: Do You Have Independent Contractors Or Employees?

Both California employers and California workers can ask the IRS to make a determination on whether a specific individual is an independent contractor or an employee by filing a Form SS-8, Determination of Worker Status for Purposes of Federal Employment Taxes and Income Tax Withholding, with the IRS. To read other articles on the topic of independent contractor, see previous blog entries by clicking here and here.

Are your workers independent contractors or employees? For more information, see the IRS website by clicking here.