The obligation for a California business to pay taxes is fully clarified and easily understood on the IRS website. Steering clear of tax problems is a little easier when paying taxes is explained. However, sometimes tax controversies still happen after falling behind and the IRS wants all the back taxes paid.
Business tax topics are at the IRS website and cover the following:
Federal Income Tax and Social Security and Medicare Taxes
Independent Contractor (Self-Employed) or Employee?
Depositing Employment Taxes
Preparing and Filing Form W-2
Federal Unemployment (FUTA) Tax
Reporting Employment Taxes
Correcting/Adjusting Employment Taxes
e-file for Business and Self-Employed Taxpayers
Outsourcing Payroll Duties
Certain Taxpayers May Now File Their Employment Taxes Annually
Combined Annual Wage Reporting (CAWR)
• Businesses with Employees • Employment Tax Forms
• Employment Tax Publications • Obtaining Blank Federal Tax Deposit Coupons • Virtual Small Business Tax Workshop, Lesson 9 – What you need to know about Federal Unemployment Taxes (FUTA)
• SSN Verification • Tax Calendar for Small Businesses and Self-Employed
• Unemployment Insurance (UI) Taxes
• W-2 Online. Create, save, print, and submit Forms W-2 and W-2c online.
• Wage Reporting
Call Mitchell A. Port at (310) 559-5259 to help fix your tax problems.